Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhendel
Helper III
Helper III

calculate with text filter

Hello,

I have two linked tables : 

The first one : 

Capture.PNG

For each Projects code, "phase par défaut" is unique.

I have the second one called budget, contains an amount of hour per phasis.

Tables are linked by code de projet and i have a slicer with that code.

Capture.PNG

I have to extract the amount of hours for the default phasis, with a measure.  

Someting like : budget current phasis = calculate(SUM('budget'[heures prévus]),(a filter to find what i want"))

My problem is that i can't find the way to filter that...

Can you help me ?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mhendel ,

So here you go:

Budget phase = CALCULATE(sum('public budget'[Heures prévus]),FILTER('public budget','public budget'[Phase de projet]=RELATED('public financial-overview'[Phase par défaut])))

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@mhendel  If your problem still not resolved would apprecite if you could share your powerbi file.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

@mhendel  Kudos means thumbs up only.

BTW, is that solution working?

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

@mhendel ,

Please verify the below Screen shot. If not correct so kindly share the expected output for Budget Phase.

Capture.PNG

@Tahreem24 : what i am expecting to have is the following :

For each project code, there is a current phasis (contained in field "phase par défaut" in "Public financial-overview" table.

In the table "Budget", i have to sum "Heures prévus" for each row whare the field "phase de projet" is equal to "phase par défaut".

So doing like this, i have the budget in hours for the current phasis of the project.

@mhendel ,

Validate the below Screen shot:

Capture.PNG

@Tahreem24 : yes this is the correct answer 😀

@mhendel ,

So here you go:

Budget phase = CALCULATE(sum('public budget'[Heures prévus]),FILTER('public budget','public budget'[Phase de projet]=RELATED('public financial-overview'[Phase par défaut])))

@Tahreem24 !! Yeah it works!!

Thanks for your patience...if i could i'll give you a thousand of kudos :-).

Kind regards,

Michael

Perfecta y buena suerte @mhendel !

@mhendel  Kindly mark my post as a solution.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@mhendel ,

Try using ALLEXCEPT.

= CALCULATE(SUM('budget'[heures prévus]),ALLEXCEPT(TableNAme,TableName[Phase Par defaut]))

NOTE: Put table name and required column name on which you want amount in ALLEXCEPT DAX function.

@Tahreem24  : thanks for your help.

I tried what you wrote me :

Budget phase = CALCULATE(sum('public budget'[Heures prévus]), ALLEXCEPT('public financial-overview','public financial-overview'[Phase par défaut]))

And unfortunately i have the following : 

Capture.PNG

I don' understand why it gives me the default phasis for all the projects and not the one defined by the slicer...

Regards

@mhendel ,

Please update your measure like the below:

Budget phase = CALCULATE(sum('public budget'[Heures prévus]), ALLEXCEPT('public financial-overview','public financial-overview'[Phase par défaut],'public financial-overview'[Code de Project]))

@Tahreem24 thanks again for your halp.

I did what you recommend, and i obtain the following erreo : 

Capture.PNG

Where do i amke a mistake?

Regards

@mhendel ,

Show me your measure. I would appreacite your KUODS/THUMBS UP.

Budget phase = CALCULATE(sum('public budget'[Heures prévus]), ALLEXCEPT('public financial-overview','public financial-overview'[Phase par défaut]),'public financial-overview'[Code de projet])

You made little mistake for bracket. 

Budget phase = CALCULATE(sum('public budget'[Heures prévus]), ALLEXCEPT('public financial-overview','public financial-overview'[Phase par défaut],'public financial-overview'[Code de projet]))

Take both the Code de Project and phase par defaut under ALLEXCEPT. Just compare your given measure and mine above measure so you'll get an idea.

I would appreacuate your KUDOS.

@Tahreem24 Thanks.

I obtain this :  

Capture.PNG

It s like it is not filtered by the slice...

Btw what is a kudo?

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors