Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

calculate the year average even when the drill down is monthly

Hello
I am trying to calculate the annual electricity expenditure target but I am only able to calculate monthly and not annually.
the annual target should be calculated by removing 3% of the value consumed in 2018. that is, in 2019 we subtract 3% in 2020 we subtract 6% ... and we divide this value by the number of pieces made.
after all this I do the average in the year the power bi is showing the value of 9.05 as the target for 2019 which is correct but when I drill down on the graph it shows me the monthly values and not a straight line with the value of 9.05.
I don't know if I managed to be clear.
please excuse my english. here's the simple ones from the file.
Thanks a lot for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SQLbyoBI
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello
I am trying to calculate the annual electricity expenditure target but I am only able to calculate monthly and not annually.
the annual target should be calculated by removing 3% of the value consumed in 2018. that is, in 2019 we subtract 3% in 2020 we subtract 6% ... and we divide this value by the number of pieces made.
after all this I do the average in the year the power bi is showing the value of 9.05 as the target for 2019 which is correct but when I drill down on the graph it shows me the monthly values and not a straight line with the value of 9.05.

If you want to see the value for the year when you drill down to the month level, you could change your calc to...

objective v2 =
VAR __current_yr =
    SELECTEDVALUE(
        calender[Year],
        MAX( 'calender'[Year] )
    )
VAR __retval =
    AVERAGEX(
        CALCULATETABLE(
            ALL( 'calender'[Month] ),
            REMOVEFILTERS( 'calender' ),
            'calender'[Year] = __current_yr
        ),
        CALCULATE(
            'Measure'[AverageofaMeasure]
        )
    )
RETURN
    __retval

... but for this to work, you need to rebuild your table using the Month/Year columns from *your* date table (not the ones from the auto-generated date table...

test.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SQLbyoBI
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello

If you want to see the value for the year when you drill down to the month level, you could change your calc to...

objective v2 =
VAR __current_yr =
    SELECTEDVALUE(
        calender[Year],
        MAX( 'calender'[Year] )
    )
VAR __retval =
    AVERAGEX(
        CALCULATETABLE(
            ALL( 'calender'[Month] ),
            REMOVEFILTERS( 'calender' ),
            'calender'[Year] = __current_yr
        ),
        CALCULATE(
            'Measure'[AverageofaMeasure]
        )
    )
RETURN
    __retval

... but for this to work, you need to rebuild your table using the Month/Year columns from *your* date table (not the ones from the auto-generated date table...

test.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.