Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SimplesHoT89
Frequent Visitor

calculate monthly production days

Hi guys,

I have the following issue i might need a thought provoking.

i have my daily production forecast and want to multiply this by the number of working days i have each month. This should be dynamically so change with each working day for the running month. I've calculated the overall working days for this year to date but struggle to find an dynamic function that showcases it dynamically for each month.

SimplesHoT89_0-1659442431894.png

Maybe you guys have an idea.. i did use the MONTH fuction to create a column showing each month number so that the function could check which month it currently is but im struggling to find a working solution.

Thanks for any help,

Sascha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

5 REPLIES 5
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SimplesHoT89 ,

Does this meet your desired output?

working_day_running = 
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER (
        'Calendar',
        'Calendar'[IsWorkDay] = 1
            && 'Calendar'[Date] <= EARLIER ( 'Calendar'[Date] )
    )
)

vkkfmsft_0-1659686307726.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

SpartaBI
Community Champion
Community Champion

@SimplesHoT89 can you share a sample file and explain what and where is the number you want to get in an example there? 

Ive prepared a sample file which hopefully helps to clarify.

SAMPLE FILES  (couldnt upload them here directly)

The Problem is the GOAL Value. The GOAL value is correct for completed month but for th running month it should calculate the GOAL kinda like this

DAILY FORECAST * days with data in SUM DAY.

Therefore in July the GOAL should be 715. Tomorrow it should be 770, the day after 825, ....

@SimplesHoT89 can you come to zoom or teams to look together?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.