Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

D1ltang
Frequent Visitor

calculate dates between two measures

Hi I have 2 simple measure. One takes the selections on the slicers into account and creates a date. The other uses this newly created date to work out the 1st of the month a year ago. These both work and behave as expected.

SelectedDate = 
DATE(
	IF(ISFILTERED('Working Date'[CalendarYear]),SELECTEDVALUE('Working Date'[CalendarYear]),YEAR((max('Site Ticket Metrics'[TicketTimeStamp])))),
	IF(ISFILTERED('Working Date'[MonthName]),CALCULATE(MAX('Working Date'[MonthOfYear]),FILTER('Working Date','Working Date'[MonthName] = SELECTEDVALUE('Working Date'[MonthName]))),MONTH(max('Site Ticket Metrics'[TicketTimeStamp]))),
	MAX('Working Date'[DayOfMonth])) 
SelectedDateMinus12 = DATE(YEAR(EDATE([SelectedDate],-11)),MONTH(EDATE([SelectedDate],-11)),MIN('Working Date'[DayOfMonth]))

What I would like to do is create a list of dates between these two measures.

I have tried the following but it just returns a single blank in a table visual:

Dates between  SelectedDates = CALCULATETABLE(values('Working Date'[FullDate]),FILTER(ALL('Working Date'[FullDate]),MAX('Calendar Date'[FullDate])<= [SelectedDate] && MAX('Working Date'[FullDate])>=[SelectedDateMinus12]))

Does anyone have any Ideas as to how I can make this work?

Thanks in advance

Dilshan 

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @D1ltang,

You could try to create a calendar table, then, filter this calendar table with the two measures [SelectedDate] and [SelectedDateMinus12] to get the list of dates between specific date range.

For more advice, please provide sample data of source table so that we can test.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @D1ltang,

See for the solution in my Power BI library:

Hope this helps.

Regards

Abduvali

Abduvali
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @D1ltang,

Don't know if you tried the following if not give it a try this might do a trick for you:

Create new Calendar table and create an active  Many-to-One relationship on dates with your Working table. then use your new Date from Calendar table in your table visual.

DAX for Calendar table:

Calendar=
ADDCOLUMNS (
CALENDAR (DATE(2016,1,1), DATE(2017,12,31)),
"DateAsInteger", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYYMMDD" ),
"Year", YEAR ( [Date] ),
"Monthnumber", FORMAT ( [Date], "MM" ),
"YearMonthnumber", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYY/MM" ),
"YearMonthShort", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYY/mmm" ),
"MonthNameShort", FORMAT ( [Date], "mmm" ),
"MonthNameLong", FORMAT ( [Date], "mmmm" ),
"DayOfWeekNumber", WEEKDAY ( [Date] ),
"DayOfWeek", FORMAT ( [Date], "dddd" ),
"DayOfWeekShort", FORMAT ( [Date], "ddd" ),
"Quarter", "Q" & FORMAT ( [Date], "Q" ),
"YearQuarter", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYY" ) & "/Q" & FORMAT ( [Date], "Q" )
)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Abduvali

Hi @Abduvali

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Unfortunately the start and end dates that I am using are not static. They are generated as a result of the users input via slicer selection. This solution would be perfect if I could pass my two measures as the Start and End Date in your calendar calculation.

Have you got any other suggestions?

The final Visual is what I am trying to achieveThe final Visual is what I am trying to achieve

Thanks again,

Dil

pbiforum.png

Hopefully that is clearer and has what you would like to see.

Thanks,

Dil

@D1ltang

Can you make a better and bigger screenshot 🙂 cant see anything on this one and please include a screenshot of your table with a Date column.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.