Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

edved81
Frequent Visitor

calculate average of measures

Hello guys,

I have a table with a list of certificates with some information split by arquetipoID.

First, I created a measure (QT Arquetto count the number of certificates by class(arquetipoID)

QT Arquet = CALCULATE(
DISTINCTCOUNT(Lista_Arquetipos[Nº CE]))

Then,  count the number of certificates that have values based on these 2 measures (Heat_elect_1 and Heat_elect_2)

Heat_elect_1=CALCULATE(

DISTINCTCOUNT('Equipamento'[Nº CE]);
FILTER(Equipamento;Equipamento[Fonte de Energia]="Eletricidade");
FILTER(Equipamento;Equipamento[Função 1]="Aquecimento")
)

Heat_elect_2=CALCULATE(

DISTINCTCOUNT('Equipamento'[Nº CE]);
FILTER(Equipamento;Equipamento[Fonte de Energia]="Eletricidade");
FILTER(Equipamento;Equipamento[Função 2]="Aquecimento")
)

Untitled_.jpg

Now in the second part, I am trying to calculate the average value of occurrences by ArquetipoID and I created

Avg_Heat_Elect_ = AVERAGEX(Equipamento;DIVIDE([Heat_Elect_f1];[QT Arquet])) but i think it is not working correctly

Untitled.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Marco,

Please check out the demo in the attachment. If it isn't what you'd like, please point it out in the file. 

Please don't post sensitive data here. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @edved81,

Can you share a sample file, please? You can mask the sensitive parts first.

Since [Avg_Heat_Elect_] is a measure to evaluate the value over all the table, how about put it in a Card visual?

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Example File

This is the original file without measures.

Each Nº certificate belongs to a Arq. type.

1º I want to count the number of times that each certificate has values with next conditions and then sum the values:

count(Fonte de Energia= Electricidade and Função 1= Aquecimento)

+

count(Fonte de Energia= Electricidade and Função 2= Aquecimento)

+

Count(Fonte de Energia= Electricidade and Função 3= Aquecimento)

2º I want to get the average of values calculated in task 1, showed by Arq. Type.

thanks!

@v-jiascu-msft do you have any suggestion?

Thank you!

Hi @edved81,

It's good to evaluate them one by one. But what the average should be. The total of task 1 divides by 3? 

Best Regards,
Dale

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Imagine this example:

The Arq37 has a total of 169 lines and 55 of them have the condition 1,16 in condition 2 and 0 in condition 3

So the average will be:

for the condition 1:

- average of the 55 values will be based in the field ("Eficiencia Equipamento Função 1"), that I forgot to put in the excel file :/.

for the condition 2:

- average of the 16 values will be based in the field ("Eficiencia Equipamento Função 2"), that I forgot to put in the excel file :/.

for the condition 3:

- average of the 0 values will be based in the field ("Eficiencia Equipamento Função 3"), that I forgot to put in the excel file :/.

Hi @edved81,

Please correct me if the result below is wrong.

1. Do we calculate the average for each condition independently?

2. The previous step has a condition Função 1= Aquecimento. So the average for condition 1 is 55/1 = 55, for condition 2 is 16/1 = 16 and for condition 3 is 0/1 = 0. Is this right?

Can you post the steps that we can apply? Take Arp37 for an example.

Best Regards,
Dale

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

First I want to say apologies for the confusion that I made.

I improved the file and added the resume sheet. (file edited) and now I think it will be easier to understand my question.

If you need anything else, just let me know.

thank you!

Marco

Hi Marco,

Please check out the demo in the attachment. If it isn't what you'd like, please point it out in the file. 

Please don't post sensitive data here. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

Perfect!

Sorry for the initial confusion.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.