Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sshelton

calculate a year to date total filtered by location

I have multiple locations with weekly sales and need to calculate a year to date running total for each by location.  I've tried Total YTD but it only gives me the locations sales for that week.

TOTALYTD(sum('Table 1'[Net Sales TY]),('Table 1'[Week End])

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@sshelton

What is the data like in your case? The Measure looks good and I can get running total with it in my test. If it doesn't work in your case, have you tried to use a calendar table?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sshelton

Thank you - I did relook at it, and it is working when calculated using it as a Measure vs. a Column. 

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@sshelton

What is the data like in your case? The Measure looks good and I can get running total with it in my test. If it doesn't work in your case, have you tried to use a calendar table?

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

HI sshelton ,

This topic already discussed many time in the community.

please refer the below link

1. http://community.powerbi.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location&location=forum-board%3...

Let me know if its not solve your prob, then share your data and expected  reult , i will assit you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.