Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

calculate a difference in a matrix column

I am trying to get a matrix to show the difference  between Current State Total and Future State Total for the below

CVassalotti_0-1593614754786.png

the data is very simple, but I am trying to avoid transforming the data into many more columns and calculating there.  

CVassalotti_1-1593614798217.png

Is there any way to do this via the Visualization?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about this?

Difference Measure =
CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ), 'Table'[ViewpointName] = "Feture State" )
    - CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ), 'Table'[ViewpointName] = "Current State" )

And then put it into your Matrix visual.

If this doesn't work, please share me a dummy .pbix file, removing sensitive information.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about this?

Difference Measure =
CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ), 'Table'[ViewpointName] = "Feture State" )
    - CALCULATE ( SUM ( 'Table'[Value] ), 'Table'[ViewpointName] = "Current State" )

And then put it into your Matrix visual.

If this doesn't work, please share me a dummy .pbix file, removing sensitive information.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

you have to create a measure to have different current state and future state

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please expand your answer.  The total you see is generated in the Matrix as an average of the values in the 4 previous.  So how would I write a measure to average the current values vs the average of the future values for each row, which is calculated by 8 rows in the table.  below data represent one row

CVassalotti_0-1593616174380.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.