Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RMV
Helper V
Helper V

bullet is stacked in map

Hi,

i have a may-be silly question, but really important for my user, who are the management of the company.

i have a map visual showing our office locations spreaded out in the country.

however, there are 2 locations which are very near, only 200 meter distance.

thus, when the map is displayed, showing the whole country, the 2 locations are stacked and only 1 bubble shown.

unfortunately, the size of both bubbles which represents the size of the office are also the same.

is there a way how the 2 locations can be shown?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RMV

It seems you may try to add index for them and use it in legend like this post. Here is the article about Tips and Tricks for Power BI Map visualizations for your reference.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @RMV

I'm afraid there's no better way to achive that. Maybe you may set the bubbles smaller or turn off the 'auto zoom' and make the map shows the 2 separate locations first.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RMV

It seems you may try to add index for them and use it in legend like this post. Here is the article about Tips and Tricks for Power BI Map visualizations for your reference.

Regards,

Cherie

Hi @v-cherch-msft,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am using legend that separates both bullets in color, and using the exact latitute and longitude for both locations.

However, the 2 bullets are still stacked as 1 in country-width view, the default view when the map is displayed after the users open the dashboard.  The country I'm referring is Indonesia, with length more than 1,719 miles shown in a map.

Understand that users can zoom in several time in the area of those locations to see that there are 2 separate locations there.

But, the default view is always a strong impression to users.

While the default view which shows the stacked bullet may give misperception that there are no 2 locations, but only 1 location in the area.

Is there any other way that can show the 2 bullets as 1 in the country-width view?

Regards,

Hi @RMV

I'm afraid there's no better way to achive that. Maybe you may set the bubbles smaller or turn off the 'auto zoom' and make the map shows the 2 separate locations first.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.