Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

bugFilled map display issue

Hi all,

I'm using the Filled map currently, there's some display issue. I have data contains value across the globe.

STATE 1: When the map is loaded by default, there's no label on each continent at all. only north america has data, but Asia/Africa/Europe is empty.

displayissue1.JPG

STATE 2: If I manually pull the map to right hand side, the map is repeated, however there's proper lable and the corresponding countries are highlighted correctly. However if I publish the data to PBI web or refresh my report in desktop, the visual change back to STATE 1.

displayissue2.JPG

Why is this happening and how should I fix it?

Below is my data source, I have countries, and number of staff is a count of distinct rows and used to define the color of filled map.

displayissue3.JPG

Thank you for the help in advance.

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I have seen a similar issue yesterday. Not all countries displayed.  Is it happening march release upgrade?

Log bug

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be.

I remember for PBI report I developed last year, no matter dragging left or right the data will always being replicated and displayed. There's no such thing as missing value or missing labels.

I'll try to report this as a bug then.

Hi @Anonymous ,

After testing, when I drag the map to the right side, some of data will not be shown. But it still displays continent labels. I don't reproduce your issue totally. Can you please share a dummy pbix file that we can test?

For a workaround, maybe you could try Auto zoom firstly. Then the map will show the part which contains data automatically.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.