Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

donjek
Frequent Visitor

bug in the Online Power BI Service where Matrix visuals  do not display ‘no data’ states

This error was posted here 4 years ago but I am having it today?

any ideas?

There is a bug in the Online Power BI Service where Matrix visuals  do not display ‘no data’ states correctly when filtering the Matrix using a slicer.

i.e. If the Matrix is filtered so that it contains data, there is no problem. If the slicer filters the Matrix so that it should not contain any a data, the Matrix does not transition to a state showing no data, but continues to show the data from the way the Matrix was previously filtered.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
donjek
Frequent Visitor

so after speaking with Microsoft... they were fast and very helpful... there is a know issue with this behavior that they are attempting to fix in the next two weeks. In the mean time if you add a subtotal to the columns (at the end of the rows) the problem disapears. if you don't want to see the subtotal change it's colour etc. a decent work around for me

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
donjek
Frequent Visitor

so after speaking with Microsoft... they were fast and very helpful... there is a know issue with this behavior that they are attempting to fix in the next two weeks. In the mean time if you add a subtotal to the columns (at the end of the rows) the problem disapears. if you don't want to see the subtotal change it's colour etc. a decent work around for me

donjek
Frequent Visitor

To make matters more painful if I change this visual to a table it works just fine (i.e. table is blank when filtered)

donjek
Frequent Visitor

Initial StateInitial StateSelect Filter and all Good!Select Filter and all Good!Remove the Selection and data remains???Remove the Selection and data remains???

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.