Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pjpreddy2 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

bug in Power Bi using multiple screens

Hi,

I recently got moved my workspace and I have additional monitors.  So when I open Power Bi and move it from the laptop screen to the new monitor, I hover over the and it duplicates the work space and nothing I click on will work.  I've tried adjusting the screen resolution, but it only works on the laptop screen. 

I also uninstalled and reinstalled but keep getting the same issue.

Thoughts?

Issue.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: bug in Power Bi using multiple screens

Thanks to @Toddlariviere for the solution, here's how it works...

I found a solution for my End User

We had to change scalling for the Application only (not for the monitors)

On your desktop, right click the program you want to reduce scaling on and select 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'. This will open a troubleshooting window.

Click 'Troubleshoot Program' and select 'The program opens but doesn't display correctly'.
This will show the compatibility settings Windows has selected for the program. It should say 'Display settings: Scaling on high DPI'.

Test the program. Just use the button in the troubleshooting window. If you like how it appears, click Next, then you're done!

6 REPLIES 6
Frequent Visitor

Split Screen Saddness Bug

Issue.PNGI posted this on Desktop but haven't gotten a response, so someone told me to post this hear. 

I recently got moved my workspace and I have additional monitors.  So when I open Power Bi and move it from the laptop screen to the new monitor, I hover over the and it duplicates the work space and nothing I click on will work.  I've tried adjusting the screen resolution, but it only works on the laptop screen. 

I also uninstalled and reinstalled but keep getting the same issue.

Thoughts?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pjpreddy2,

Do you use the same system on different devices?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Yes, sort of.  Different monitors & docking station but same models.  The problem started after I uploaded the newest version.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pjpreddy2,

It looks like an issue. I would suggest you create a support ticket here for further analysis.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks to @Toddlariviere for the solution, here's how it works...

I found a solution for my End User

We had to change scalling for the Application only (not for the monitors)

On your desktop, right click the program you want to reduce scaling on and select 'Troubleshoot Compatibility'. This will open a troubleshooting window.

Click 'Troubleshoot Program' and select 'The program opens but doesn't display correctly'.
This will show the compatibility settings Windows has selected for the program. It should say 'Display settings: Scaling on high DPI'.

Test the program. Just use the button in the troubleshooting window. If you like how it appears, click Next, then you're done!

jwgildea Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

I have been struggling with this for weeks.  Thank you!