Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

bookmarks

hi Experts

how would you use a bookamrk to proform the following two steps.

1. i have drill through from page A into page B. on the drill thorugh i want to remove the filter Date Calculation. which i can do. but the problem is that i do not want the filter for the period to revert back to the month when the bookmark was create. So if i filter from page A with the period OCT 2018 and then click the button to run the book mark i do not want to see April 2018 ..

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to keep the filter state when you add a bookmark based on the report page that you drill through to? In my test, Power BI desktop does that as expected.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks

When you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

• The current page
  • Filters
  • Slicers, including slicer type (for example, dropdown or list) and slicer state
  • Visual selection state (such as cross-highlight filters)
  • Sort order
  • Drill location
  • Visibility (of an object, using the Selection pane)
  • The focus or Spotlight modes of any visible object

Limitations and considerations

In this release of the bookmarks, there are a few limitations and considerations to keep in mind.

• Most custom visuals should work well with bookmarking. If you run into trouble with bookmarking and a custom visual, contact the creator of that custom visual and ask them to add support for bookmarks to their visual.
  • If you add a visual on a report page after creating a bookmark, the visual will be displayed in its default state. This also means that if you introduce a slicer into a page where you previously created bookmarks, the slicer will behave in its default state.
  • Moving around visuals after a bookmark has been created will be reflected in the bookmark.
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to keep the filter state when you add a bookmark based on the report page that you drill through to? In my test, Power BI desktop does that as expected.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Yuliana Gu

Sorry accidentailly accepted the question. No. thats where i get stuck.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.