Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nirrobi
Helper V
Helper V

bookmark to reset filter for current page and drill trough to other page

Hi all,

I currently have report with a lot of drill drough between pages.

I need to have the possibilty that when I dril from one page to another the current page filter will be clear due to the fact that other pages can referance this currenct page in the future and I need that only the second time when I drill will decalre the filter (and not what was previous)

any idea?

Many thnaks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nirrobi ,

Unfortunately, you can't achieve both of these actions from just a single drill-through button.

Drill-through button has it's own capabilities.

You will need to create a different button to reset filters on your current page.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @nirrobi ,

You can definitely create a Reset filter button/bookmark for a page but I am stuggling to understand following:

"filter will be clear due to the fact that other pages can referance this currenct page in the future and I need that only the second time when I drill will decalre the filter (and not what was previous)"

can you please add some screesnhot to explain your scenario?

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

thanks for yr reply

I need that the drill botton will do the following:

1- transfer to other page (easy - via bookmark) - done

2- clear filter in the current page (i dont need to have separate botton for the reset bottun)  - struggle:-(

many thanks

Hi @nirrobi ,

Unfortunately, you can't achieve both of these actions from just a single drill-through button.

Drill-through button has it's own capabilities.

You will need to create a different button to reset filters on your current page.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.