Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

powersmart
Frequent Visitor

black display

I installed (and uninstalled and installed again with reboot between) the February 2018 update, but when I open an existing PBIX file the Report and Data views are black (see captures below). I have seen posts about black displays due to 4K/DPI issues, but this is not the case for me as I am only using my Surface Pro 3 laptop display.

Is there any fix or workaround for this?

Data viewData viewReport viewReport view

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this on one machine.  It's caused by multiple displays.  

Ths fix is to unplug your external display and load the PBIX, then you can plug back in.  Not ideal, but it works

skerko

Hi, have you already been succesful with repairing?

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @powersmart,

Please try to open a different existing .pbix file to check whether this issue occurs to all .pbix files or just a certain one.

It looks like this problem is affected by your machine environment. If possible, install the desktop on a different machine to see whether issue persists.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.