Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

learning_pBI

bing map tag to only search airports by airport code

I'm trying to use Bing Maps (connection to Power BI) to only pull airports based on IATA airport code.  In general it seems to work, but several locations such as HND (Tokyo not Honduras), BOM (Mumbai not in Africa), DEL (New Delhi not Delaware) are not being identified in the Power BI map  view.

I set the data field as 'place' and didn't improve accuracy.  I tried text string ahead of airport code such as "'iata airport code'  XXX " or "'iata airport' XXX" and didn't improve.  The reference table (Global Airport Database) for the airport code has the Lat/Lon data as well.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @learning_pBI,

I do not so recommend you to use abbreviation address as location, bing map visual is hard to mapping them correctly with real locations.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you take a look at the following link about tricks and tips using bing maps to help improve the accuracy of mapping locations.

Tips and tricks for Power BI map visualizations#in-the-dataset-tips-to-improve-the-underlying-datase... 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @learning_pBI,

I do not so recommend you to use abbreviation address as location, bing map visual is hard to mapping them correctly with real locations.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you take a look at the following link about tricks and tips using bing maps to help improve the accuracy of mapping locations.

Tips and tricks for Power BI map visualizations#in-the-dataset-tips-to-improve-the-underlying-datase... 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors