Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dandelion0124
Frequent Visitor

azure table storage Data size limit

Hi all,

We want to use Power BI dashboard to show the data from data source Azure Table Storage. And we have met the problem that by using the import way, the Power BI dataset will have the limit of 1G for each dataset. Our data size will be large. The Direct Query way has no size limit but will not support Table storage as the data resource. We want to know how to avoid this limitation?

Great thanks,

Wenjing Zhao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Dandelion0124,

#1. You can take a look at below blog:
Warning! Misleading Power Query Filtering

#2. You can achieve it by filter on query editor or setting filter query at advanced option. (the filters on data view not really reduce data amount, it will hide records on visuals)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Dandelion0124,

In fact, do some summary on records or adding some filters will reduce data amount.

In addition, if you cannot use the above operations to reduce the data amount and report size, you can consider to use power bi premium license, which allows you to use a larger data set.

Power BI Premium support for large datasets

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thanks for your reply.

I know Power Bi will do some compression for the data import but I don't know exactly.

So I have other two questions as following:

1. Where can I find the best practices for the data filtering in power BI? (such as "convert string to int")

2. For the data filtering, I have found the "advanced editor" to do the data filter, is it the only way to do the filtering?

Many thanks.

Wenjing Zhao

HI @Dandelion0124,

#1. You can take a look at below blog:
Warning! Misleading Power Query Filtering

#2. You can achieve it by filter on query editor or setting filter query at advanced option. (the filters on data view not really reduce data amount, it will hide records on visuals)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Great thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.