cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmck86 Member

avg calculation

Below is the link to the pbix file that I need assistance with. I want to use a formula that will allow for the total score formula to show the avg if you select several months. So basically in the example below you will see that I have 2 months selected and for July and August and I would expect for CALL FAILURE to see 41.56 as the avg of those 2 months combined but the system aggreagtes the data and gives me an average that is based on the incidents rates for each respective month. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 10.05.21 PM.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uQ2B43axGYoh1_FahMefoBlvV_Ew7ebG/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: avg calculation

Hi,

I selected Call failure in the slicer visual and create a seperate card visual.  In that card visual, i dragged this measure

Measure=AVERAGEX(SUMMARIZE(VALUES('Calendar'[Month]),[Month],"ABCD",[RESULTS_SCORE]),[ABCD])

Hope this helps.

Untitled.png

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I selected Call failure in the slicer visual and create a seperate card visual.  In that card visual, i dragged this measure

Measure=AVERAGEX(SUMMARIZE(VALUES('Calendar'[Month]),[Month],"ABCD",[RESULTS_SCORE]),[ABCD])

Hope this helps.

Untitled.png

nmck86 Member

Ashish did it work when you selected 3 or 4 months as well? I am going to test it out now but thought I would ask if you noticed if it worked. I noticed that for one or 2 months it works good but for other months being added it stopped shoing the true average.

Super User
Super User

Hi,

It works very well.  I selected May - Aug and the result is 39.00%.

nmck86 Member

Can you share the file also?

Super User
Super User

Hi,

Download the file from here.

nmck86 Member

Thank you again for saving the day!!!! I appreciate your help!!! AGAIN!

Super User
Super User

You are welcome.

Highlighted
nmck86 Member

@Ashish_Mathur i am using this formula and it is not recongizing the dataset when there is no value in a field... for instance OCT YTD  we have no values for 3 months so when the avg is happening it is doing essentially divide by 7 instead of divide by 10. Any thoughts on how to not have this happen?