cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
modadda Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

average of an average to calculate further

hi i am very new to using power bi, i need help with , sales data which returns on every line how much stock i got on hand, i therefore add it into the visuals  filter  as an average so it shows exactly how much i have .

i want to use the vlaues as i see in the visual that have the averages aplied , to be able to calculate  my stock levels by subtracting what i have on stock from another column of what my levels are 

so i need the average of qty on hand for every item as that is my stock on hand  

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
modadda Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: average of an average to calculate further

dude i came right , i had to use the measure instead of column to claculate what was needed...i went through a dax 101 tutorial and figured it out .

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Give the sample output what u want exactly 

modadda Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

for an example if i sell product 'A' to 3 different customers it will show the current  qty on hand on every tranactions(Line) .

if it shows i got 5 on hand , that 5 will appear 3 times  and will show the sum of 15, i then changed it from sum to average in the visual filter , it then shows 3 on hand, as supposed to be.

i then have a minimum level for this item set to 50 

i need to subtract the qty on hand from my min level, to be able to see if i am stocking enough of the item

i require to create a formula that takes the average of the  qty on hand( which is my current stock holding) for the specific items

Super User
Super User

sorry dude still i didn't get u .

Give me sample data and outp put in image , that will give more clear for me . 

sorry again 

modadda Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

dude i came right , i had to use the measure instead of column to claculate what was needed...i went through a dax 101 tutorial and figured it out .

Super User
Super User

cool !!!

v-ljerr-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @modadda,

Great to hear the problem got resolved!Smiley HappyCould you accept your reply as solution to help others who has similar issue easily find the answer and close this thread?

Regards