Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

modadda
Regular Visitor

average of an average to calculate further

hi i am very new to using power bi, i need help with , sales data which returns on every line how much stock i got on hand, i therefore add it into the visuals  filter  as an average so it shows exactly how much i have .

i want to use the vlaues as i see in the visual that have the averages aplied , to be able to calculate  my stock levels by subtracting what i have on stock from another column of what my levels are 

so i need the average of qty on hand for every item as that is my stock on hand  

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dude i came right , i had to use the measure instead of column to claculate what was needed...i went through a dax 101 tutorial and figured it out .

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi,

Give the sample output what u want exactly 

for an example if i sell product 'A' to 3 different customers it will show the current  qty on hand on every tranactions(Line) .

if it shows i got 5 on hand , that 5 will appear 3 times  and will show the sum of 15, i then changed it from sum to average in the visual filter , it then shows 3 on hand, as supposed to be.

i then have a minimum level for this item set to 50 

i need to subtract the qty on hand from my min level, to be able to see if i am stocking enough of the item

i require to create a formula that takes the average of the  qty on hand( which is my current stock holding) for the specific items

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

sorry dude still i didn't get u .

Give me sample data and outp put in image , that will give more clear for me . 

sorry again 

dude i came right , i had to use the measure instead of column to claculate what was needed...i went through a dax 101 tutorial and figured it out .

Hi @modadda,

Great to hear the problem got resolved!Smiley HappyCould you accept your reply as solution to help others who has similar issue easily find the answer and close this thread?

Regards

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

cool !!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.