I’m looking of a solution for availability of consultants at work. To manage the expectations of our customers on when +- a implementation can be planned. The sales staff want to communicate some kind of availability, for example an implantation can start in 6 weeks. At this moment one of my colleagues makes every week an overview of the availability of our 11 consultants. by checking there O365 calender. There are off course some criteria to make it even a bit harder, which I will explain later on.
My gut feeling says this is a data problem, that can be fixed. But to be honest I’m a beginner in Powerbi, so this may be above my pay grade. hoping to get started on learning by doing.
- Lunch break is every day between 12:30 and 13:00
- There consultant that does validation check will also do the implementation.
- At this point in time al the steps in the process have a fixed time. In the future it can be that depending on the product, the time per step will differ.
- The intake can only be done by 3 consultants and is planned at the first possibility
- 2 to 5 weeks after the intake an consultancy day is planned, this can only be done by 1 consultant.
- Validation check
- 1 week rest
- Start implementation, and every week one day, for an fixed amount of days. So for example 4 days will take 4 weeks.
all ready made an visual on how this could look in the dashboard.
the boxes on the right can be checked on/of and the day is a variable
on the left side you see the first possibility to start this kind of implementation
planning view is the dates
Hi @Jeranimo ,
Do the suggestions from engineers make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.
well it did not yet gave me the solution i need, at the moment im not able to create some test data to give an better example.
i hope to get that next week. so i can give an beter way to help me
@Jeranimo - I created an Overlap measure and it's kind of reverse to find Gaps. See attached PBIX below sig. Otherwise, Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882
Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490
The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.
@Jeranimo , while there can be a solution using some formula's I doubt Power Bi should use for planning. Microsoft Project may be a better tool
Display you have Gantt Chart, project timeline visual
Find out who won the T-Shirt Design Challenge and the top 3 finalists.
Find out more about the March 2023 update.