Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

davidi4524
Helper III
Helper III

automatic publish to the power bi web

hi, i'm trying to understand the logic of automatic refresh.

what do i need to do if i whant that the report i'm creating on power bi desktop will be automatic update to the same report on the power bi web?

i tried the power bi gateway , i installed it and saw the connection on the power bi web but when i tried to do a refresh nothing happen and the report dosnt refreshed.

can somwone help me?

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davidi4524,

>>what do i need to do if i whant that the report i'm creating on power bi desktop will be automatic update to the same report on the power bi web?

For the refresh feature, it not means auto publish the report to service. power bi will auto refresh the data source by gateway.

>>i tried the power bi gateway , i installed it and saw the connection on the power bi web but when i tried to do a refresh nothing happen and the report dosnt refreshed.

If you want to use gateway to refresh, you should configuration it first, please take a look at below links which about gateway.

On-premises data gateway

Manage your data source - SQL Server

On-premises data gateway in-depth

Configuring scheduled refresh

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Ismail94
Frequent Visitor

Dear Microsoft team, it is already 2022 and still not solved very simple problem. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, would love to hear if there is a way to schedule Auto Publish of PowerBI Reports

iampritz
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Need suggestion on Auto Publish data from Power BI Desktop to Power BI Web.

I have created customized date filter on report level and everyday I need to modify that filter date from yesterday's date to today's date and then I am publishing data from Desktop to Web manually.

But now I want to do it automated.  So I won't need to this work manually.

Kindly Suggest on same? How can I achieve this?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Pritish Thorat

Merck Limited

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, have you found an solution to this problem? If so I would really like to hear.

Hi all, regarding the same situation, but a bit different, does anyone know whether is possible to automate the report's publishing process, more specific, is it possible to create a pipeline task in azure devops that takes the pbix file from our repo, publish it to powerbi web and email a list of people?? I am quite new to power bi and azure devops

thanks in advance!!

iampritz
Regular Visitor

Hi, 
Need suggestion to auto publish data from Power BI Desktop to Web. 

I have created customized Date Filter on Report Level , for that everyday I need to select Today's date manually and then publishing data from Desktop to Web. 

Now I want it to get latest date as input (today's date) so I won't need to publish data manually everyday.   

Kindly suggest on how can we achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Pritish Thorat,

Merck Limited

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davidi4524,

>>what do i need to do if i whant that the report i'm creating on power bi desktop will be automatic update to the same report on the power bi web?

For the refresh feature, it not means auto publish the report to service. power bi will auto refresh the data source by gateway.

>>i tried the power bi gateway , i installed it and saw the connection on the power bi web but when i tried to do a refresh nothing happen and the report dosnt refreshed.

If you want to use gateway to refresh, you should configuration it first, please take a look at below links which about gateway.

On-premises data gateway

Manage your data source - SQL Server

On-premises data gateway in-depth

Configuring scheduled refresh

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

we need solution for auto publish to Power BI web/service, not auto data refresh.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.