Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

authentication modes - sharepoint

Could someone fully explain authentication's modes used in connection to Sharepoint?

Capture.PNG

What does each one means and when to use it? Does anonymous one is safe and how is it actually work?

What’s a difference between Windows and Microsoft Credentials? I used to use Microsoft credentials option with Windows login and password, and I do not understand why it works?

In general, I’ve found this topic missing in documentations, not only for SharePoint, also for other connectors built in Power BI. Maybe I am searching wrong places, maybe not.

3 REPLIES 3
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

Please check if the below article could help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-data/sharepoint-list-connection-type-ssrs?view=sql-server-2017

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for sharing but accually it doesn't answer any of my questions. 

It mentions Windows credentials only, there is nothing about the rest ones. 

There are always the same questions "which authentication method should I choose and why?"

There are a lot of doubts around this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still hope someone could enlighten me about that...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.