Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

assigning measure value without row level calculation

Hi,

I have certain Data which looks like below:

Column_A  Column_B  Column_C  Column_D Column_E DATE

1                 1000        10             0                5           01012018

2                 774          9829         349             0           01022018

3                 3490         0              234             434       28032018

so based on ordering of Column_B/Column_C/Column_D, i have to select one record.

I have achieved this by using TOPN in a measure to select value for Column_A.

Now when I drag my measure in a card, I can see perticular value OF column_A bases on certain ordering.

my requirement is to assign the value of measure to all rows of my data.

When I do it, the measure value changes to reflect correspodning Column_a value. 

example: if based on my column ordering if I get Value 3 in my TOPN measure, i would like to assign this value to all rows in my date. not the corresponding row level measure value.

how can i achieve this?

How can i achieve this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: assigning measure value without row level calculation

Hi @Manoj_2018,

How  can you get the value 3 based on the column ordering? Can you show the process please?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: assigning measure value without row level calculation

TEST1 = CALCULATE(TOPN(1,SUMMARIZE(Table,Table[Column_A]),[Column_B],DESC,[Column_C],ASC))

So This fetched me one Column_A value based on ordering of Column_B and Column_C.

But Now when I drag this measure in table view, I end up getting row_level measure values, which I dont want.

What I want is  one single value to be assigned to all rows in table.

is it possible ? maybe with some other approach?

Ideally RANKX would have served my purpose to limit data display to only one record , but as I can not rank based on multiple columns i used TOPN. and with the TOPN value selected i want to apply a filter on my visual to display only 1 record.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors