Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Manoj_2018
Regular Visitor

assigning measure value without row level calculation

Hi,

I have certain Data which looks like below:

Column_A  Column_B  Column_C  Column_D Column_E DATE

1                 1000        10             0                5           01012018

2                 774          9829         349             0           01022018

3                 3490         0              234             434       28032018

so based on ordering of Column_B/Column_C/Column_D, i have to select one record.

I have achieved this by using TOPN in a measure to select value for Column_A.

Now when I drag my measure in a card, I can see perticular value OF column_A bases on certain ordering.

my requirement is to assign the value of measure to all rows of my data.

When I do it, the measure value changes to reflect correspodning Column_a value. 

example: if based on my column ordering if I get Value 3 in my TOPN measure, i would like to assign this value to all rows in my date. not the corresponding row level measure value.

how can i achieve this?

How can i achieve this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Manoj_2018,

How  can you get the value 3 based on the column ordering? Can you show the process please?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TEST1 = CALCULATE(TOPN(1,SUMMARIZE(Table,Table[Column_A]),[Column_B],DESC,[Column_C],ASC))

So This fetched me one Column_A value based on ordering of Column_B and Column_C.

But Now when I drag this measure in table view, I end up getting row_level measure values, which I dont want.

What I want is  one single value to be assigned to all rows in table.

is it possible ? maybe with some other approach?

Ideally RANKX would have served my purpose to limit data display to only one record , but as I can not rank based on multiple columns i used TOPN. and with the TOPN value selected i want to apply a filter on my visual to display only 1 record.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.