Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jonasbakanovas
Regular Visitor

arcgis

I have several reports using the maps of arcgis, several already published on the Web, a few days they stopped displaying the information on the map.

The same problem occurs in maps published on the web.

I am using latitude and longitude to refer to points, some points do not have latitude and longitude information, and are not displayed.

What I've noticed is that if there are any points with the blank information in latitude or longitude, it does not show any more nor the ones that are correct.

If you filter the blank coordinates, the data is displayed.

Anyone else with this problem? Why did it stop working if some latitude is blank?

Sorry for my english, google translate

Original situationOriginal situationAfter filtering the  blanksAfter filtering the blanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The only way that worked here, was to remove in the visual filter, blank latitudes

Clipboard01.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having this issue with US Zip Codes. As in the Esri map worked for 6 months, and now it isn't finding 600+ zip codes. I have tried having my ZIPs as text/Postal Code for data category, and  ZIPs as whole numbers/Postal Code for data category. And I have tried without data category and as both text and whole number, and still getting "Failed to locate 688 features."

Ps. Esri is still misidentifying plenty of US Zip Codes ei. California zip code ----- is being displayed in Utah (not exactly but I'm seeing dozens of incorrectly placed zip codes which has been an on-and-off issue for Esri and Power BI since the beginning, and they have been notified of this with exact data in the past).

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jonasbakanovas,

I am not able to reproduce your issue using my sample data? Could you please share sample data of your table so that I can reproduce?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi v-yuezhe-msft

Follows a test where the problem occurs, in the link the pibx and xlsx file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bj3ooq8kc65bvra/AADU2yMLjOQocCMpkSnl2_mVa?dl=0

Thanks,

Jonas

Hi @jonasbakanovas,

The issue can be solved by changing the data type of latitude and longitude columns from Text to Decimal Number.

1.PNG

Regards,

Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Did not work here

Clipboard01.png

I'm having the same issue. Lat and Long fields are set as:

Data Category: Lat and Long

Data Type: Decimal

Format: Decimal Number with 9 decimal places

Doing a visual filter to eliminate the blanks is not working. The ArcMap Visualization pane is completely blank and has dots just spinning and spinning in the upper left corner. The spinning dots are encouraging as but nothing seems to be happening. 

The only way that worked here, was to remove in the visual filter, blank latitudes

Clipboard01.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.