Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AmazingMaurice
Frequent Visitor

arcgis

Hi, I started using the ArcGIS (preview) visualizations about a week ago and everything was working great until today. Since today however I am getting an Unexpected Error everytime I open PowerBI (even when I just start the program without loading any existing dashboard). The error goes away only if I deactivate the ArcGIS functionality. 

I can't edit or even view the visualizations I did using ArcGIS, It doesn't appear as a graph type in the visualisations panel any more.

I already tried uninstalling and re-installing PowerBI desktop, it didn't solve anything.

Did anybody ever get the same issue?

Digging in the error log, here's what I think my be relevant to identify the issue:

JS Error Message:
Cannot read property 'iconBase64' of undefined

Error Message:
Une erreur s'est produite lors du rendu du rapport.

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.JavaScriptException: Une erreur s'est produite lors du rendu du rapport.
TypeError: Cannot read property 'iconBase64' of undefined
at Object.createVisualPlugin (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/VisualHostCore.js:1425:58)
at Object.<anonymous> (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/VisualHostCore.js:332:65)
at j (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/opensource/jquery/jquery-2.1.1.js:2:26860)
at Object.k.fireWith [as resolveWith] (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/opensource/jquery/jquery-2.1.1.js:2:27673)
at x (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/opensource/jquery/jquery-2.1.1.js:4:11120)
at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/opensource/jquery/jquery-2.1.1.js:4:14767)

did anybody else here ever get this issue? Any idea where it might be coming from?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All,

A fix has been deployed to address this issue. Could you follow steps below from this thread to see if it works now?Smiley Happy

1) Close all instances of Power BI Desktop

2) Open file explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF\cache

• replace <system drive> with your operating system hard disk partition
  • replace <user> with your user profile name, typically the alias you login to Windows with

3) Delete all contents of this folder

4) Restart Power BI Desktop

Regards

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
visionthing
Regular Visitor

I had exactly the same issue and I did clean the appdata to fix it

1. Uninstalll Powerbi
2. goto ../users/<user>/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Power Bi Desktop
3. backup structure underneath

3. Delete all files 

4. Reinstall Power Bi Desktop

DuncanP
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi

I've got the same error, however it doesn't seem to have anything to do with actually installing the February update as it occurs on a machine I have running the January update (which worked fine previously).

I've sent a frown so hopefully one of us will hear something back soon.

Duncan

The issue is gone

Not for me!

JoeSQL
Frequent Visitor

Yes, got the same issue after installing the Feb 2017 update. It seems to be working fine in the web service. I opened a ticket with MSFT. Glad I'm not the only one with this issue!

Cool, is there any way you could update me when you get an update from MSFT please? I've been tring to log a ticket but the form keeps telling me "Error submitting request". This is really frustrating. How do you log a ticket about the support form not working?

They said it was a known issue, I reinstalled this morning and it's fixed!

What steps did you follow to fix the issue? I tried re-installing but I'm still having the same problem.

I did nothing, just reopened the power bi file with arcgis enabled

Okay thanks. I'll just keep trying I guess...

As of right now I'm still having the issue though.

I disabled ARCGIS in the Optione & Settings menu and the error has disappeared at least temporarily until Microsoft has a fix.

Go to File/Options and Settings/Options/Global:Preview Features.   Deselect the ARCGIS option.

Hi All,

I can reproduce the issue in my environment. I already reported this issue internally, will update here once I get any feedback.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi All,

A fix has been deployed to address this issue. Could you follow steps below from this thread to see if it works now?Smiley Happy

1) Close all instances of Power BI Desktop

2) Open file explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF\cache

• replace <system drive> with your operating system hard disk partition
  • replace <user> with your user profile name, typically the alias you login to Windows with

3) Delete all contents of this folder

4) Restart Power BI Desktop

Regards

I just terned off ARCGIS option in Options& settings/Preview Features and the issue has gone, obviously temporarily until a resolution is available from Microsoft.  Works OK for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.