Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

denveroed
Advocate I
Advocate I

arcgis map color problem

I created a bubble map with custom colors for five categories (Year One, Year Two, etc).

When I select a category using another chart or a slicer, the map correctly shows only the locations from that category. BUT, the custom color reverts to the default greenish dot.  Then when I remove the selection, the custom colors are COMPLETELY gone -- the whole map is displayed in the default greenish color. (See screenshots below.)

If I go to another tab and then return to the map tab, the colors are as I set them up. 

Seems like a bug.   Anyone else have this issue? I would like to maintain the color when looking at selected/sliced data, but at the VERY least I'd like it to return to the colors I set up. 

Thanks if anyone can help!

Using Version: 2.53.4954.621 64-bit (December, 2017)

OriginalOriginalPost selectionPost selectionCategory is selectedCategory is selected

6 REPLIES 6
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @denveroed,

I test the arcgis map with the same Power BI desktop version with you. But I can not reproduce it. Could you please share you sample table or .pbix file for further analysis? Do hide the sensitive information before load.

Best Regards,
Angelia

I will try to make time to send the file without confidential data soon. Can you post your pbix file where it works correctly so I can see if I did anything differently?

Thanks.

Hello, since december we have the same problem! is there any decision found?

Thank you!

Lada

This issue is still happening.  I also found out that you can't publish the ESRI maps to PBI service so had to switch to the PBI map viz anyway.  ESRI says their map viz will publish to PBI service sometime soon. Looking forward to it because the PBI map viz is very limited - especially with not being able to customize the map pop-up text.

Thank you for info, happily we don not publish our reports to PBI service (sinon our analystes become crasy to receive this news)

(((

WolfBiber
Employee
Employee

It is the same occurence with using custom themes in PBI.

Its only refreshing when calling page x and then returning to the orginal page.

Post it as new bug in https://powerbi.microsoft.com/de-de/support/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.