Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

applicationInventories missing in Fields

I am looking to replace sccm reports with Power Bi reports.  I looked at this earlier and there was a very useful field called applicationinventories.  I can see it on the old pbix file but when I create a new pbix or reimport the Odata the applicationInventories  field is missing.  This field is essential to making useful reports for my organization.  Any idea what happened to this field?

6 REPLIES 6
ChuckRose
Regular Visitor

I realize this thread is old but I have just encountered this error as well and opened a ticket with Microsoft support.  They advised I needed to change the ?api-version=1.0 to api-version=beta ad the end of the Odatafeed query.

Use 

OData.Feed("https://fef.msua01.manage.microsoft.com/ReportingService/DataWarehouseFEService/applicationInventori..."

instead of 

OData.Feed("https://fef.msua01.manage.microsoft.com/ReportingService/DataWarehouseFEService/applicationInventori..."

Regards,
Chuck

Is work for me.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can try to use old report to generate a template report file, then you can use exported template file with new connection string to generate new reports.

If above not help, can you please share some detail informations to help us clarify your scenario?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any insight on this.  Otherwise can you show me how to create a report for All software on one device and one specific software on all devives without using the applicationInventories field?   Anyone else having this issue? 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you check their query table codes?(query editor-> advanced editor) If you copy old version code and create new query table on new pbix file, did these code worked?

If they works, it means new version odata feed connector driver has hidden some fields but you can try to use old driver to navigate to specific tables.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried that and I just get the same result.    The issue is when I Get data and load my Odata Feed the applicationInvenories Field is not available for selection.  The first picture is what I see.  The second picture is what I saw previously and what is shown for every walkthrough I see for adding the Odata Feed.

I need that field back.  What happened?  Where did it go?  How do I get it back? 

No applications1PNG.PNGApplications listed.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.