Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

append queries (mysql)

Hello, 

I think I have found an issue with "append queries" with mysql: 

* If I add a new column to the original queries before appending the queries it fails with the following message "

« Erreur OLE DB ou ODBC: [DataSource.Error] MySQL : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'union all select `_`.`server` as `server`, `_`.`nom' at line 37.  ».
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry, some errors in my testing, I need to revise my testcase : 

The issue occurs in "append queries", but it occurs when trying to append 3 tables, I can append 2 different tables but with 3 I get the error. 

GF

@Anonymous ,

This issue seems to be a sql syntax error, are you trying to input sql query in the advanced option when you connect to the mysql? Or you just append tables in query editor after importing the data source? Could you please share more details about what you have done before this issue occurs?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yuta-msft 

Thanks for getting back at me. 

The issue seems related to : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/mysql-append-query-error/m-p/376476/highlight/false#M171077 

I did not input sql query I used the standard function of powerbi. It can be reproduce with the following steps : 

1) load 3 different tables in powerbi from mysql 

2) append 2 (any of the 3) tables into a new table -> it works (in query editor and dashboard editor)

3) append 3 (or more) tables into a new table -> it seems to work in the query editor, when I get back to dashboard editor and try to apply the changes I get the error message mentionned above

I hope it's clear. 

Thank you

gaful

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-yuta-msft 

Do you have enough information about the issue or do you need more information ? 

Is there anything that I can do to tackle this issue ?

Thanks

gaful

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.