Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

superME79
Frequent Visitor

anomaly detection problem

when I use the tool finds errors the system works for identifying the point of anomaly but does not explain it, the second part goes wrong due to a problem of the calculation engine there is something I need to know or can do?

3 REPLIES 3
superME79
Frequent Visitor

the problem I am re-discovering relates to the natural language explanation of the anomaly and the factors associated with that anomaly, ordered according to its explanatory strength.
in fact, in the first instance it does not detect consistent anomalies, adding the fields on which to focus by hand returns the message of an error in the calculation engine. What I would like to understand is if there is something that needs to be additionally enabled or is a particular arrangement of the table it is analyzing necessary?

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@superME79 you can find more details here

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/anomaly-detection-preview/

Besides detecting anomalies, you can also automatically explain the anomalies. When you select the anomaly, Power BI runs an analysis across fields in your data model to figure out possible explanations. It gives you a natural language explanation of the anomaly, and factors associated with that anomaly, sorted by its explanatory strength. In the example below, you can see that on August 30, Revenue was $5187, which is above the expected range of $2447 to $3423. You can open the cards in this pane to see more details of the explanation.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

This is the behavior that I expect, the first part is realized the second one goes in error, has it ever happened if yes, how is it solved?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.