Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RuiReis

an error occurred while rendering the report

Hi,

Starting with February 2017 update when i open Power BI Desktop (with or without pbix file) always get this message:

An error ocurred while rendering the report.

Any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All,

A fix has been deployed to address this issue. Could you follow steps below from this thread to see if it works now?Smiley Happy

1) Close all instances of Power BI Desktop

2) Open file explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF\cache

• replace <system drive> with your operating system hard disk partition
  • replace <user> with your user profile name, typically the alias you login to Windows with

3) Delete all contents of this folder

4) Restart Power BI Desktop

Regards

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
C4YNelis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi all,

I realise this is an old topic, but since this is one of those generic errormessages that aparently still exist in 2024, I'll share my case for those who encounter the same.

My error was this:

An error occurred while rendering the report.

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'findTable')

True

Copying the errormessage to notepad i found that the new DAX Queries which are saved in the model corrupted my file. Deleting my DAX queries solved the error.

Cheers,

Niels

p.s. I'm not sure it's related, but I've never had this error before I started using OLS. I also see some remnants of earlier changes regarding OLS that I made in the file, which are not longer there. Maybe one thing affects the other, maybe not. Just my two cents.

shashank_123

Hi Team,

I also encountered the same problem and tried all possible means, but still could not resolve. Please suggest some ideas.

Because of the above problem, I am not able to see map visual

andrezmor
Frequent Visitor

I experinced the same problem in a report that has a Table visual. To solve the problem I just turned on and off the background toggle in the table visual and the problem was solved solved.

apo1979prio
Helper I
Helper I

Good Morning!

I also had this error when using the TEXT FILTER button of Marketplace, after changing the new feature (Updated ribbon) so this button stopped working where it started giving the title error!

Soon, I disabled the feature (Updated ribbon) and everything worked for me successfully !!! 🤔😊

where is Updated Ribbon feature?

I'm using Nov 2019 as well, and having the same issue with the Text Filter.

Unfortunately my updated ribbon was already disabled.

Have tried the clear cache option as well, using C:\Users\<username>\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\  to no avail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue with the 32-bit Desktop Client version, and it didn't work.

It's the second time that this has happened to me after the August update. 

First time I had to uninstall PBI desktop and I'll have to do the same now. 

Deleting the cache didn't solve the issue

pdeangelo
Regular Visitor

I was able to clear the cache, but that didn't work.  When I tried to disable the map, i get an error when i open File/Options and Settings/Options - it says object reference not set to an instance of an object.

HI, the same problem which i come across every day.I am using latest version PowerBI 2018 May update .what is the solution for such kind of annoying problem?

Capture.PNG

I have the same issue with the May 2018 update. Can someone please provide some pointers? We're dead in the water...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. I can't get the ArcGIS integration to work.

Hi All,

I can reproduce the issue in my environment. I already reported this issue internally, will update here once I get any feedback.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi All,

A fix has been deployed to address this issue. Could you follow steps below from this thread to see if it works now?Smiley Happy

1) Close all instances of Power BI Desktop

2) Open file explorer and navigate to the folder <system drive>:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF\cache

• replace <system drive> with your operating system hard disk partition
  • replace <user> with your user profile name, typically the alias you login to Windows with

3) Delete all contents of this folder

4) Restart Power BI Desktop

Regards

its 2023 year but solution not working tried a lot.

If your report has a Table visual, Try turning on and off the background toggle in the table visual. It worked for me.

Same, @v-ljerr-msft . Just got this error today for the first time. Desktop Version: 2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 2023).

Same! @sunilm & @MarkPalmberg 

For future users: this worked for me, except it was in folder <drive>:\Users\<user>\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\CEF\cache

Didn't work for me

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.