Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Between" slicer default settings

Hi all,

Is it possible to change date slycer (type "Between") default settings?

Capture121.PNG 

When updating date period in the "Between" slicer and chosen start date exceeds end date, Power BI sets back the start date to previous date that was before update.

Would it be possible to configure system settings so that if Start date exceeds End date, Power BI automatically sets the End date to the same value as Start date?

Are there any other possibilities and workarounds for the situation?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-juanli-msft,

Yes, if you use slicer timline scale to input start date it stops at the location of the End date. But I am interested in Start date box. If you use Start date box to input date and date exceeds end date, Power BI automatically returns start date to previous start date.

Similar situation happens with End date  as well, only in opposite direction ( if End date is older than start date).

Hi @Anonymous

As tested and searched, 

When you set the start date over the end date, it doesn't set start date succefully. 

so it returns the start date before update.

Currently, i doesn't find any option to change the default behaviour.

You may submit an idea here to let more people know and vote for your idea, finally this may be accepted by Product team and make an improvent for this.

Best Regards

Maggie

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

As tested on my site, when i choose start date exceeds end date, then Start date point stops at the location of the End date.

When update the date, it keeps as above .

I don't see any situation as below.

"When updating date period in the "Between" slicer and chosen start date exceeds end date, Power BI sets back the start date to previous date that was before update."

Which Version of Power Bi do you use?  Files->Help->About, see the version details

Could you show an screenshot of your test?

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors