Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kintela
Helper II
Helper II

ambiguity between tables

Hi

I don´t understand why I can not create this relationship between Proyectos and Horas

captura.jpg

Each time I try it I get tis message:

captura.jpg

In the Horas Table there is no record with proyectoID that does not exist in the Proyectos table and in the Horas Table there is no record with userID that does not exist in Empleados

captura.jpg

¿¿¿¿¿

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
niasha
Advocate III
Advocate III

As other mentioned, there is an indirect existing relation.

I ususally need to have direct relation ship so when user click on a table or visualisation, other visualisations auto filter.

To address this, I add a measure which use inactive relationship. 

Dax formula:

USERELATIONSHIP Function (DAX)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh230952.aspx

I hope it helps

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

The ambiguity comes from the fact that you already have a path from Proyectos to Horas

Ambiguity.png

But the relationship betewwen Empleados and Proyectos says that one Employee can be group leader of many Projects but one employee that is not group leader of any proyect can work hours in any project.

So If I want to know the name of the emoployee that has Hours in the Horas table through his userId I only could get the hours of group leaders throug the filed "jefeGrupo/group leader". No?

@kintela

It looks like a Many to Many scenario. One Employee can work for multiple projects, and one project is mady my multiple employees. So you should have a fact table between Employee and Project table to decribe the mapping for getting the working hours associated with each employee.

You can refer to the Many to Many solution white paper on sqlbi:

https://www.sqlbi.com/topics/many-to-many/

Regards,

That's the idea...

captura.jpg

In HorasFULCRUM table I hav the relation between Empleados and Proyectos, that is, In HorasFulcrum I have the Empleados.userids and the Proyectos.IDs that represebts the hours worked by the employees in the diferente projects.

But I can not activate the relationship and I don't know why...

regards

The relationship is there, it just isn't active. 

When creating measures you can use the USERELATIONSHIP() function to temporarily activate the relationship between project and hours for the duration of the calculation.

Hope this helps

David

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.