Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

allow other users to view interactive Dashboards and reports in Office365 on Azure

I am creating Power BI Dashboards and reports on my desktop version (Power BI Pro).

we have a database (SQL server) on another Azure instance that holds all the data. The PowerBi reports on my desktop access them via VPN. All is well.

The organisation has Office365 and a handful of users want to see (and manipulate paramaters of) these reports, under MS Active Directory control of course!

Happy to buy each user a desktop PowerBI Pro license if required.

Currently, we need to install the PowerBI reports on the users laptop and then connect them via VPN to the SQL server dB and it's a complicated process. Far better if they can access the reports using PowerBI pro on their machines.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction and get a solution?!!

How do I achieve that without buying the $4995/mo license for premium?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 

If each of the users has a Pro license then you won't need premium service. 

You will want to create a workspace on PowerBI.com to publish company report to.  Once you are done authoring your report you would publish it to the PowerBI service in the company workspace.

Then you can share those reports with the other users in your company, they just need the Pro license to view them.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guided-learning/publishingandsharing

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous 

If each of the users has a Pro license then you won't need premium service. 

You will want to create a workspace on PowerBI.com to publish company report to.  Once you are done authoring your report you would publish it to the PowerBI service in the company workspace.

Then you can share those reports with the other users in your company, they just need the Pro license to view them.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/guided-learning/publishingandsharing

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.