Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yossil
Frequent Visitor

aligning 'multi-row cards' to each other

A design issue

I have many measures on a matrix (about 200) that I want them to be shown as rows.

For all of the measures above, there is a version of "Last year" and "Budget"

I created all the measures (about 600 measures).

Now, for display, if I marked "show on rows" it cannot be on rows + side by side, I get it.

In trying to fix this, I came across to "Multi-row card" which I can put 3 'multi-row cards' side by side to each other.

The problem starts with the headlines. 

if I marked category "off", the 'multi-row card' will show only numbers (which is great)

And if I marked category "on", the headlines will appear on every 'multi-row card' (which is less great)

in order to show headlines, I've tried 2 options, none of them was successful.

1. Writing all of the headlines as "text box" and trying to align them to the data (not realistic)
  2. Creating a table (without relationship) contains only the name of the measures, and show this table also in 'multi-row card', the problem is although both "Data" and "Headlines" presented in the same definitions (same font, same text size, same padding, same everything) there are not align with each other (probably because one of them is text and the other is numbers)

Any idea?

first picture - 2 matrix - one for TY and other for LY

second picture - headers + 2 multi-row cards for example

third picture - headlines as 'TEXT BOXES' side by side with 3 'multi-row cards'

2 matrix - one for TY and other for LY.jpgheaders + 2 multi-row cards for example.jpgheadlines as 'TEXT BOXES' side by side with 3 'multi-row cards'.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yossil
Frequent Visitor

I did find a solution for the problem.

As @v-juanli-msft mentioned in a previous answer

"The items on the left list like "Rooms", "Locations" are names of the measures" , in order to show them in a multi-row card I've created new measures for each name, for example 1 = "Rooms" , 2 = "Food and beverage" and so on.

Then, I've created four (4) multi-row cards, the first - contains just the headlines as measures (not as name of measures)

The second contains the measures for This year, The third contains the measures for Last year and last one contains the measures for Budget.

Here is a picture of the the result.4 multi-row cards aligning.jpg4 multi-row cards aligning2.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yossil

It seems impossible to get the expected format in the 'multi-row cards'.

You need to do some modify with your table or measures.

For the first picture, 

The items on the left list like "Rooms", "Locations" are names of the measures, right?

the numbers on the right list are values of each measure, right?

Based on my experience, you don't need to create hundreds of measures, you could just create two measures one for TY and other for LY.

Below is a simple test.

a table visual is on the left, a matrix is on the right

3.png

TY = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet2[sales]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Sheet2,Sheet2[category]),YEAR([date])=YEAR(TODAY())))

LY = CALCULATE(SUM(Sheet2[sales]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Sheet2,Sheet2[category]),YEAR([date])=YEAR(TODAY())-1))

Please let me know your table structure so i can create the proper measures for you.

Best Regards

Maggie

hi @v-juanli-msft

thanks for replying, i'm really appreciate it.

that's exactly the problem 🙂
It is not a table that has a column called "Sales" which i can sum, it's a table with one column of Amount and one column of Category, it can be sales, payroll or many other expenses.

The reason I had to write hundreds of measures is because if I want to sum just the rooms sales I have to write

Rooms sales = CALCULATE(sum(CalculatedReport[Amount]),CalculatedReport[Headline]="Rooms Sales")

And to sum just the restaurants sales I have to write

Restaurants sales = CALCULATE(sum(CalculatedReport[Amount]),CalculatedReport[Headline]="F&B Restaurants Sales")

and so on ...

Of course, in a table which the result set needed is sum of values alone (and not calculation), we don't need a measure to do the job, and I can use the sum alone + one measure for each interval (LY, budget ect..)

thanks anyway.

yossil
Frequent Visitor

I did find a solution for the problem.

As @v-juanli-msft mentioned in a previous answer

"The items on the left list like "Rooms", "Locations" are names of the measures" , in order to show them in a multi-row card I've created new measures for each name, for example 1 = "Rooms" , 2 = "Food and beverage" and so on.

Then, I've created four (4) multi-row cards, the first - contains just the headlines as measures (not as name of measures)

The second contains the measures for This year, The third contains the measures for Last year and last one contains the measures for Budget.

Here is a picture of the the result.4 multi-row cards aligning.jpg4 multi-row cards aligning2.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.