Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Allav
Frequent Visitor

aggregated sum in same table

Hello community!

I am new here and hoping that you could help me with my question.

I am trying to mark in my data table whether a "Case ID" is open based on the "Open milestones" that it has. i.e. if at least 1 open milestone per Case ID, than the Case ID is open. as you can see in the below excel screenshot, I am using the SUMIF function for that. SUMX wont work since I don't have a criteria to put besides that criteria that I need it to run for same case ID each time.

I need this column to be added either in the same table in the data or ina seperate 1, but I need it on the data level since I have a few more measures which I plan to add based on it.

I hope my question is clear,

thanks in Advanceimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Allav You can use ALLEXCEPT

Number of Milestones Per Case Id = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(tablename[Milestone ID]), ALLEXCEPT(tablename, tablename[Case ID])

OpenMilestone Flag = 

VAR NumMilestones = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(tablename[Milestone ID]), ALLEXCEPT(tablename, tablename[Case ID])

RETURN IF(NumMilestones > 0,1,0)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Allav You can use ALLEXCEPT

Number of Milestones Per Case Id = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(tablename[Milestone ID]), ALLEXCEPT(tablename, tablename[Case ID])

OpenMilestone Flag = 

VAR NumMilestones = CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(tablename[Milestone ID]), ALLEXCEPT(tablename, tablename[Case ID])

RETURN IF(NumMilestones > 0,1,0)

I just tried the below:

= CALCULATE(min('case data'[Open Milestone])|ALLEXCEPT('case data'|'case data'[Case ID])|IF('case data'[Open Milestone]>0|1|0))

replaced the distinct count by min and the column to refer to the 'open milestone' 1/0 instead of milestone ID

now I get what I wanted

thanks a lot!!

thanks @Anonymous, I used the 2nd formula you suggested like that:

=CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('case data'[Milestone])|ALLEXCEPT('case data'|'case data'[Case ID])|IF('case data'[Open Milestone]>0|1|0))

And it worked! only thing is that I don't want it to count the number of open milestones, I just want to get 1/0 if there is at least 1 milestone open for the case. I assume I need to replace the 'distinct count' with another function?

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

it seems more like you need help on Excel formula rather than DAX or M
do you load this table to PowerPivot and want to do calculations there?
if it's more of an Excel question I suggest going to Technet forum
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=excel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Allav
Frequent Visitor

no, this is not an excel question. I load part of this table to power BI desktop (the other columns are not shown in the screenshot, they contain some dates that indicate if a milestone is open), than I want to make the cokumn of the "Open Case" in the desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Allav My solution is in DAX and it will work in Power BI. Also when there are multiple people in the chat it is easier to understand who you are replying to if you put their name.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.