Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RB_MEA

administrator

As far as I was aware, there was only me in the organisation using POWER BI.  I have just logged in and all my dashboards have been archived.  A pop up message said we now have an 'administrator'.

How do I find out who this is?  Can I get my archived dashboard back?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi RB_MEA,

We could use Power BI admin Portal to manage users.  (See more information: Administrating)

The Power BI account should be marked as global admin within Office 365 or Azure Active Directory, to get access to the Power BI admin portal.

Under Power BI admin Portal, there would be a link to Office 365 admin center, click manage users under Office 365 admin center,  then check the lincese used.

And one should be able to check the licensed and unlicensed users with Office 365 using PowerShell.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi RB_MEA,

Any content you created before your IT department started managing Power BI will be placed in a Power BI Archived Workspace, which is accessible from the left navigation of Power BI.  You should start creating new Power BI content in My Workspace, which is secured and managed by your organization's IT department.  Your Archived Workspace will continue to exist, but there are restrictions on actions you can perform on content in your Archived Workspace. To remove these restrictions, you will need to migrate the content from your Archived Workspace to your My Workspace, managed by your IT department.

For more information, please check this article: Power BI Archived Workspace.

Contact your IT admin and see if he could offer any further assistance.

Generally to get back the data from archived workspace, you need to re-upload the corresponding data file, or connect to the proper data source, reports and dashboard should be generated automatically. Check the article Power BI Archived Workspace for more details regarding different data sources.

If any further assistance needed, please post back.

Regards

Hi Michael

Many thanks for your detailed response.  Definately some food for thought there - will have another look and try to restore my dashboards.

One last question - I was under the impression I was the only one using the software, and then sharing my output with the department.  If someone else in the global company is now using it (hence why my dashboard became archived in the first place), how do I find out who this is?  (I am using this for the company on a National but there are a number of coutries so cant ask everyone who else is using it!)

Many thanks

Rachel

Hi RB_MEA,

We could use Power BI admin Portal to manage users.  (See more information: Administrating)

The Power BI account should be marked as global admin within Office 365 or Azure Active Directory, to get access to the Power BI admin portal.

Under Power BI admin Portal, there would be a link to Office 365 admin center, click manage users under Office 365 admin center,  then check the lincese used.

And one should be able to check the licensed and unlicensed users with Office 365 using PowerShell.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.