Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JimB-GA
Helper III
Helper III

adding duration to date

Hello community.

I have a table with one field that is number of days  in it (decimal). I want to add this to a calendar date (01/01/1970).  I have researched all options and am doing something wrong as each effort results in an error.

As close as I have been able to get is

[T1] = 17905.72715   This is the number of days since 01/01/1970

Date.AddDays(DateTime.FromText("1970-01-01"),[T1])

The error returned is "Expression Error: The number is out of range of a 32 bit integer value.  Details: 17905.72715

Thanks for advice.

Regards

Jim B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try changing [T1] to Duration and then simply use + to add DateTime.FromText("1970-01-01") and [T1].Untitled.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Try changing [T1] to a Whole Number. DateAdd expects a whole number, and not a decimal.

Is there another function that will accept decimal values?  The resulting value would represent intraday prices and eliminating the decimal portion would result in an inaccurate value.

Try changing [T1] to Duration and then simply use + to add DateTime.FromText("1970-01-01") and [T1].Untitled.png

Thanks very much.  It works.

I just have to adjust for time zone and I have the total solution.

Jim B

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.