Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

adding a manual column to a calculated table

Is there a way to manually enter data on a calculated table?  I have calculated a table based DISTINCT PersonID values from a list of trouble tickets, and brought in the PersonName column through the RELATED function. I would like to add column PersonOrganization to the table, but that data doesn't exist in any loaded data, so I would need to add and maintain manually.

Is what I'm doing even possible, or should I maintain this info in Excel and bring the Excel into the dataset?

Thanks,

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Dasbas
Frequent Visitor

@dedelman_clng Hi,

To my knowledge this is not possible. It is also not very convenient to maintain data in powerBI. Probably your best option is, as you mentioned, keep the info in an Excel file and import that file. That way you can keep the excel up to date and just press update in powerBI.

Kind Regards,

Max

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dasbas
Frequent Visitor

@dedelman_clng Hi,

To my knowledge this is not possible. It is also not very convenient to maintain data in powerBI. Probably your best option is, as you mentioned, keep the info in an Excel file and import that file. That way you can keep the excel up to date and just press update in powerBI.

Kind Regards,

Max

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.