Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cosminc
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

add weather web page

Hi all,

I need to import in PBI a weather page, something like this https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/ROXX0003:1:RO or maybe you have something better or which it works fine.

i need to see the daily forecast for couple of days in advance and in the same time i need to see the last 2 weeks day by day to see if are big differences.

the report will be daily refreshed

and if i maintain how it looks from the webpage like a picture it will be ok for me.

please explain me the solution in detail, i'm new on Power BI.

Thanks,

Cosmin

15 REPLIES 15
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Cosmin,

If you can get the embedded code, you can get the weather easily. I found a embedded code here.

1. Get the embedded code.

add_weather_web_page

2. Embed it in a Dashboard.

add_weather_web_page2

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

what visualization do i need for this image?

thanks

Hi @cosminc,

You do not need any visual for this image. Just click on add tile on your dashboard and choose web content.embed code.pngnext step.png click on next and this will ask you for further details . Just paste the embeded code from the website (accuwwather in thi simage) and you will see the image produced by embedded code.

Regards,

Atish

there is no add tile button or web button

i don't see these options in my desktop (Power BI desktop): add tile, usage metrics etc; i have only blank pages (except the visualizations put by me)

how can i have them?

thanks

Cosmin

The screenshot I shared is on power bi web service where we build dashboards. We create report on powerbi desktop and dashboards on web service.

ok

thanks

Please mark the response as solution if it helped you. ☺️

unfortunately it's not a solution for me 😞 i work only in power bi desktop where i don't have that option

maybe you or others can help me that why i still have the topic open

Thanks,

Cosmin

Is this anywhere close to what you are loking for. This table is currently showing current day's details along with forecasting.weather.png

Yep

with degrees Celsius also

for next days vs same days from previous week

and refreshable (dinamycs when i reload the data)

help me please to obtain it in PBI Desktop

Many thanks for your effort!

Cosmin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cosmin, did u solve this yet?

I'm facing the same problem right now since I'm new to PowerBI Desktop.

If u did, can u share the solution with me step by step?

Thanks,

farhan

Hi,

did you solve this?

i used https://openweathermap.org/ 

it was a post created by Salvador

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Storing-and-using-information-from-a-dynamic-data-source-us...

Best regards,

Cosmin

I clicked on get data and chose web option from dropdown and here I used https://weather.com/weather/5day/l/ROXX0003:1:RO You can use your own website info here from where you want to fetch data.

Then there were two datasets to choose from. First one was document which didn't consist the required data. I chose "table 0" as I saw in preview that it contains data for today and predictions of next coming days. clik ok and then you would see your data under data pane. Here you need to modify the column names. Finally now data is in your powerBI desktop. Now you can use you own visual to represent how you want to show it.

Hi,

thanks for your answer

step 1 ok

step 2 - i don't know how to import in pbi, please tell me stept by step 

the image that i see in your image is for 1 day; may you know also how to see last 2 weeks hisotrical data and forecast for next days (not necessary in the same image)

thanks a lot!

Cosmin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.