Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CUDataArchitect
Frequent Visitor

add rows after total

Capture.PNG

This image shows 2 separate matrix (matrices). Is there a way to combine these so they will still display with the "category" on top and the "savings' below to total of the category? I'm unhappy with keeping them separate because the height of the 1st matrix varies each time we use it, so the second matrix (containing the savings) doesn't butt up against the first chart. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CUDataArchitect,

As of now, it is not possible to add extra rows under "Total" row in a Matrix. If you want to combine above two matrix, you could generate separate measures to get values of "Monthly saving" and "% Savings", add measures to the "values" section of the first matrix, then, two extra columns would be displayed in matrix.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Seward12533
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

PowerBI doesn't really let you do what you want.  You could hack it but would not be dynamic and it will require you to write a measure to calculate the amount for each category

Transactions Measure = CALCULATE([Amount],table[Category]="Transactions"

etc...

You coudl then put them in a Matrix Visual with the formatting set to display columsn on rows and add each of your individual measures into the values of the Matrix along wiht yours savings. 

What I usually do is put a Card, Guage or other simple visual off the side with the other measure.

There are some other hacks in PowerPivot for Excel that woudl allow you do what your trying to do without writing all the extra measures but they won't work in PowerBI.   I saw an announcment that there is a pending release of PowerBI that will have paginated report capabilties and this might have the functionality your after but I dont' think there will be many details about it befor the upcomming BI Summit next week in Seattle.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-expands-self-service-prep-for-big-data-unifies-mod...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.