Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JConnol4
Frequent Visitor

add new rows of data to source excel file - errors

dear colleagues,

when i add new rows of data to the excel spreassheet i am getting the date mismatch error.

do you know why this is please?

Also do you have any simple/general advice on adding new data to exisitng excel data tables (new months of data or overwriting the file with complete data)?

it would be really helpful if so as i have wasted a day on this.

kind regards

james

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JConnol4,

Did you merge or append the queries in Power query. Could you please share your M code in the advanced editor and your excel files to me?

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank
Yes I did append the data and it is together in the table area of bi.

However when I go into refresh the report I am getting the date mismatch error.

Really annoying as I’m so close and have wasted countless hours on something which should be so easy.

Thanks again for the help
Regards

James

Hi @JConnol4,

I cannot reproduce your issue here. I suggest you to turn the option off and try again. Or you can delete the append step and refresh and append later. By the way, did you use the latest version of Power Bi desktop?

1.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.