cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurague
Regular Visitor

add filters with calculation

Greetings everyone, I have been fiddling with my Power BI, and I can't seem to get this done right, so I'll resort on asking.

The problem here is, I need to COUNT all the values in "Idiomas", cept for "es, es-ES,es-41,es-419, es-tradnl and (blank space because this one has no value name to it)", and I just can't do it. I need to make the measure to use it in another calculation, so I can't use the "easy visual filter".

Any thoughts on this? Ask for any information you may need.

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Kurague,

If I understand you correctly, the formula below should work in your scenario. Smiley Happy

measure =
CALCULATE (
    COUNTA ( 'Table1'[Idiomas] ),
    FILTER (
        'Table1',
        'Table1'[Idiomas] <> "es"
            && 'Table1'[Idiomas] <> "es-ES"
            && 'Table1'[Idiomas] <> "es-41"
            && 'Table1'[Idiomas] <> "es-419"
            && 'Table1'[Idiomas] <> "es-tradnl"
            && 'Table1'[Idiomas] <> ""
            && 'Table1'[Idiomas] <> BLANK ()
    )
)

Regards

Kurague
Regular Visitor

Greetings everyone, I have been fiddling with my Power BI, and I can't seem to get this done right, so I'll resort on asking.

The problem here is, I need to COUNT all the values in "Idiomas", cept for "es, es-ES,es-41,es-419, es-tradnl and (blank space because this one has no value name to it)", and I just can't do it. I need to make the measure to use it in another calculation, so I can't use the "easy visual filter".

Any thoughts on this? Ask for any information you may need.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors