Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dbabicz

add data entry visual to a Power BI-created dashboard

I have a dashboard created with several graphs and matrix reports; I'd like to add a visual that requires data entry from a user, e.g.

either of the form of selection from a radio list of choices, or enter some value - and of course I would store what's entered in a database.

I think of this as a data entry visual to add to the dashboard; any support for this is power BI Desktop ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dbabicz Write back is still in request mode on the User Voice in multiple different ways. There is a third party tool you might want to look at called Power Planner - I don't know the ins and outs but there is write back capability marketed in that product.

http://poweronbi.com/power-planner/

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
karaoan
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

@dbabicz You might want to have a look at: www.agilityplanning.com This solution offers sophisticated write back and planning for Power BI and Excel. In addition to writing to a relational table the solution offers a powerful OLAP in-memory engine on top of SQL Server that caters for large scale multi user write back requirements that typically don't work with sufficient performance if you just write to a relational table.

@dbabicz Write back is still in request mode on the User Voice in multiple different ways. There is a third party tool you might want to look at called Power Planner - I don't know the ins and outs but there is write back capability marketed in that product.

http://poweronbi.com/power-planner/

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Any idea if there is a plan to have this features supported by Microsoft in Power BI without the need of third party plugin?

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

its a great idea. might be worthwhile searching as i seem to remember something similar being on the list.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.