Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MP_123
Employee
Employee

add an indicator

hi all,

is it any way to add an indiator (not KPI indicator)

for example in table - indicator to draw some lines in grrn according to an indicator,

or for example on graph - some points will be circle, some of them squares.

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MP_123,

According to your description, you want to add indicator to your Power BI report like the image below, right?

10-Indicators-in-SSRS-Report.png

Based on my research, there is no such a functionally to achieve this requirement. The requirement can be done in SQL Server Reporting Services easily.
http://bhushan.extreme-advice.com/indicators-in-ssrs-report/

If you have any concern on this feature, you can submit your idea on the link below. If this feature was mentioned by mulitple users, product team will consider to add this feature to next release.
https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Charlie Liao

KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I'm not sure if I fully understand the request, mostly about the circle/square part. If you want to add an indicator like a static value to a chart/table, you can do that as a measure. I use this for creating targets, thresholds, etc. Something like:

Indicator = 10

You don't have to use any functions in your measure formulas for them to work, and measure above will show a 10 no matter where you put it.

You can also add a reference line to some visuals (under Reference Line section of the Format options), though that's not as transportable and universally changeable as using a single measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.