Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mbd
Helper I
Helper I

add an average line on a Line and Clustered Column Chart

Hi, 

I'm using a Line and Cluster Column Chart to display three different data categories. The x axis is the date. 

Example: data is in the form below

Date        A    B    C

8/1/17     5     3    7

8/2/17     4     8    2

8/3/17     6     5    9

etc

I want to add an average line for one of the data categories. The Line and Cluster Column Chart does not have an Average Line in the Analytics, only a trend line. When I try to calculate an average measure or use Quick measures i just get the data values returend because I'm including date in the graph

Is there a way to add an average line in?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbd,

You can create a measure to calculate average values, take the column A as a example:

Avg(A) = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table2'[A]),ALLSELECTED('Table2'))

Then drag this measure to the Line Values property of the combo chart. For details, you can download attached pbix file to have a look.

q6.PNGq7.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mbd,

You can create a measure to calculate average values, take the column A as a example:

Avg(A) = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table2'[A]),ALLSELECTED('Table2'))

Then drag this measure to the Line Values property of the combo chart. For details, you can download attached pbix file to have a look.

q6.PNGq7.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

Ignore my question on Shade Area. I just needed to update my desktop version.

Thanks for the help

Thanks!, that worked.

I have two of my data sets as lines and one as a column. I want to shade one of the line data sets. 

In Format, I've turned Shade Area on, but it won't let me turn off Shade Area for my other data set. It shades both of them and now the Avg measure also. 

Is there a way to add shade area to only on line?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.