Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

STimon
Frequent Visitor

add a calculated column from multiple values - find the first value?

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a table with uniques VAT numbers and Customer Names from different sources, to consolidate some reports, and I need that in the end, the user may filter the reports by the account name and not the VAT identifier (since the users known the name of their accounts but not the VAT ids).

I have 4 tables with VAT numbers, and I already have built a new table with the union of all VAT numbers -only unique values and not blank values-. I've linked this new table to the other 4.

But I can't find the way to add a columnt that gives me the customer name. In the original tables there are multiple values, so related or lookup value doesn't work.

Any idea to add a calculated column that finds the customer name in the new table?

Thanks!!

Silvia

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @STimon ,

More details will help us understand your scenario better.

It seems that you have multiple tables, which table do you want to create the calculated colum?

If it is convenient, could you share some sample data and your desired output so that we could understand your scenario better and get the solution.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thanks for your answer, I'll try to explain with these tables:

I have Table A, with some Account names, identifier and movements:

TABLE AMovements Source 1
Account Name VAT IDMovement
Example1A1111111250
Example1A1111111300
Example2A1111112150
Example3A1111113450

I have Table B, in which some identifiers are the same than Table A, but the account names are diferent, and other are new:

Table BMovements Source 2
Account NameVAT IDMovement
1ExampleA1111111675
Ex2A1111112450
Ex2A1111112450
Exxxx4A1111114750

And I have Table C, with most of the account identifiers (but not all) and different (or not) account names:

TABLE CAccounts Source 3
Account nameVAT ID 
Account 1A1111111 
Account 2A1111112 
Account 3A1111113 

In new table D, I've got all the unique identifiers from the other 3 tables. And I have relationed VAT ID column of Table D with A, B & C.

NEW TABLE D 
VAT IDAccount Name
A1111111 
A1111112 
A1111113 
A1111114 

I need to add a column that finds the Account name: if the identifier exists in Table C I'll choose the Account name from table C, if not exists, I'll search the name in table A and then table C.  The order of search shouldn't be a problem, because I could add 3 columns, "Name in table C", "Name in table A" and "Name in table B" and then a New Column with the final name.

But I can't work the DAX formule to get the account name from any of the tables.

Best Regards,

Silvia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.