Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fjml95
Regular Visitor

Zooming in on graphs/visuals

If I have a line graph that is composed of a fairly large data set, and I want to zoom in to a particular section, is it possible to do that other than by manually adjusting the x-axis? Usually this can be done on some apps by clicking and selecting a square region to zoom in on or by ctrl mouse wheeling.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Other than focus mode, no zooming option is available at the moment.

Secon workarround would be "See Data" under explore in Power BI cloud app. You can scroll to your requried record set.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I agree! This feature need to be integrated on priority because this is general requirement and each customer want this feature in any chart for quick visulation. Please updated me any solution exist for the same... sharadk@hcl.com 

Anonymous
Not applicable

The inability to zoom in or out in power bi desktop is a major flaw in power bi. Cant believe developers have solved this yet.

has this been implemented yet? The ability to zoom in on a particular are a of a chart?

Looks like nope. 

It's weird. They create this super powerful tool that connects do custom data sources super easily, then give us charts that are less powerful than excel.

Like, just lift excel's charting libraries and use those, these charts are terrible.

fjml95
Regular Visitor

Yeah, I have tried using Focus mode. However, I want to zoom into a very specific range in order to view the data I would like. So Focus mode doesn't necessarily zoom into the depth that I need for my purposes.

Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Other than focus mode, no zooming option is available at the moment.

Secon workarround would be "See Data" under explore in Power BI cloud app. You can scroll to your requried record set.

Habib
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Have you tried Focus mode. This will cover your graph to full page mode and you can see your data more clearly. Focus mode option is available on every visual on top as square sign.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.