Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Theodor
Frequent Visitor

Zoom on custom shape map in orthographic projection - ( rotating the globe )

Hi All, 

I have trouble setting custom shape map with orthographic projection in a way it would allow me to zoom on specific coutry. 

Current zoom is zooming on X and Y axes ( longitude and latitude) I would like disable the zoom on Z axes. 

In simple words I would like to make the globe to rotate only based on the selection in the bar chart. 

this is the whole map:

how it looks like with all valueshow it looks like with all values

This is map with country selected ( China ). 

I would like to rotate the globe and so China is in the middleI would like to rotate the globe and so China is in the middle

This is same selection with autozoom and zoom on selection enabled for the map. 

This is how it looks like with auto zoom and zoom on selectionThis is how it looks like with auto zoom and zoom on selection

This is what I want to achieve:

This is what I want to achieve.This is what I want to achieve.

Is there a way to lock zoom level on the Z axes ( altitude) but keep the automatic longitude and lattitude zoom? 

kind regards, 

Theo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Theodor 

Unfortunately, this is by design. Scaling of the Z axis cannot be disabled alone. Power BI is now unable to achieve what you need . You can submit an idea for it at  https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Theodor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-zhangti

Where exactly can I submit the request? 

Can you do it for me? from this post?

thanks, 

Theodor

Hi, @Theodor 

Here.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/ 

vzhangti_0-1663052613190.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi V-Zhangit, 

I have not been able to submit the idea due to the unablity to log in into the forum. 

Anyway feel free to submit or use this idea of locking the Z axes - altitude, I can imagine it would be useful in all map visuals. 

It is quite common to have an Pan and Zoom controls as it gives more poitons to the user. 

best, 

Theo

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Theodor 

Unfortunately, this is by design. Scaling of the Z axis cannot be disabled alone. Power BI is now unable to achieve what you need . You can submit an idea for it at  https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums and wait for users with the same needs as you to vote for you to help make it happen as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.