Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

laurafubj
Regular Visitor

Zip code map on PBI

Hi, I want to have a report based on 5 digit zip code, with the map that shows different zip code areas, I will use the count of sales on that map to show the different color on the zip code area. How can I do that? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

First thing you are going to have to do make use of the "Data Category" in the Modelling tab of the ribbon.  Next you'll need to configure your Map visual to make use of the Zip code in the "Location" section of the visual and the Sales column will need to be in the Size/Color sections of your visual.

It might not work immedately as Zip codes are likely not enough of an identifier for a map.  Its likely you will need to add more location data into your locations tables, possibly with Lat/Long coordinates to get something accurate.

Alternateively you could use the Synoptic Panel by OKViz (custom visual) and fill in a map drawing that has your Zip boundries/shapes set up.  This can be a better option if you want more control.

View solution in original post

Thank you! I am using ArcGIS to populate my data, and it works, but you are right, if I need specific boundary zip map, I have to use Synoptic Panel by OKViz, I still need to study on this. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

First thing you are going to have to do make use of the "Data Category" in the Modelling tab of the ribbon.  Next you'll need to configure your Map visual to make use of the Zip code in the "Location" section of the visual and the Sales column will need to be in the Size/Color sections of your visual.

It might not work immedately as Zip codes are likely not enough of an identifier for a map.  Its likely you will need to add more location data into your locations tables, possibly with Lat/Long coordinates to get something accurate.

Alternateively you could use the Synoptic Panel by OKViz (custom visual) and fill in a map drawing that has your Zip boundries/shapes set up.  This can be a better option if you want more control.

Thank on my test model it worked my probem is I am importing from a cube and that function is greyed out

Thank you! I am using ArcGIS to populate my data, and it works, but you are right, if I need specific boundary zip map, I have to use Synoptic Panel by OKViz, I still need to study on this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.